The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Limk is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Limk requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Limk. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.
To provide Limk with your Form W-8BEN information:
- Once you hit the payment threshold, we’ll send you the form and expect you to fill it properly.
It is important to note that Limk does not:
- Withhold any taxes from your earnings
- Use the Form W-8BEN to report your income to anyone
- Ask for any taxpayer identification numbers on Form W-8BEN
- Determine, or in any way affect, whether you owe taxes in your own country.
- Please consult a local tax professional to determine whether your freelancer earnings are taxable. U.S. persons are required to file a Form W-9.
If you need to make edits to the tax information Limk has on file for you, send an email to support: [email protected]